Quick! It's the end of the world! Zombies skitter around everywhere that you can see growling their menacing whine for human flesh. You have 2 people at your side and a weapon, who are those people and what is the weapon? Oh no! The zombies are breaking through the door, you can hear their claws scratching against the wood! Get ready for the attack!

 

Writer's Lounge Discord Server

My Attempt

It was a scene from when I was a kid.

Zombies were outside, doing the thing they do when they don't have anything to eat, a nice smell to run to or a distracting sound which fells on their ears like a siren's song pulling sailors towards it. 

Me and my sister were sitting across the 2cm thick wooden gate which shielded us and a few survivors from them.

Ignoring the sound of wind, it was eerily quite outside, almost as if all zombies suddenly dropped dead somehow.

I hate that at that time curiosity had got the better of me.

I tried to take a peek of outside from the little keyhole in those wooden door and all I saw was an Eye looking back at me, and then it blinked, and then it blinked again- twice this time. I felt cold sweat running down my back.  The eye then moved back to turn into a face, then a fat man in a tuxedo came into view. As if fear was visible in my eyes its red lipped smile reached both its ears and a set of pointy white teeth came into view. 

The man rushed towards the keyhole, I fell on my butt as a slimy eye ball came out of the key hole and surveyed rest of the room. I had already grabbed my sister and moving away from the door as the rest of its body started to come out making loud noises, we shouted in fear and started running in hopes of hiding behind another set of doors. The banging noise had turned into the noises of zombies running and falling as that man had opened the door.

We ran towards the innermost room as we swung every door to shut it and slow the hoard. 

We ran as we saw the other survivor dazed with his shotgun as we left him behind to save ourselves behind another set of doors. All the while hoping that the man would not come out of another keyhole if we didn't stared back at it.



image credit BlueWillow Ai



Comments

Most Popular Posts Of All Time